Oveseas inverters [RE-wrenches]

Wallace Stahle, Future Elec. Energy Co. wstahle at slonet.org
Tue Jan 2 21:54:25 PST 2001

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems wrote:

> Anybody got an idea what it costs to certify one of these for a UL listing,
> much less jump through the utility hoops?

 Bob and all,

No answer for that question, but Vanner could tell you.  Their long promised
RE4500DGT ( Dual phase Grid Tied)  is out finally and I have one in the shop
that will be installed off grid (too bad eh?) thursday or Friday.

I have had in its place a Vanner Tru sine 4500D as a fill in pending the UL
release and last minute improvements on the DGT.
At this point they are only making so many a month til demand picks up, or
suckers like me find out what is wrong with them.

I went the 240 volt inverter  route to take advantage of the existing AC power
distribution system on the ranch and balancing the generator during charging.
Disadvantages include less 120 volt power  available for any given load.
Specs say max continuous output on L1or L2 is 26.5 amps
Max 3 second surge is 10,000VA

Any pros and cons from your experience relative to 120V vs 240V would be
helpful.  Though I am commited now.   If it doesn't work out I'll turn it into
a jobsite hybrid generator/inverter setup for builders who like peace and
quiet between skillsaw cuts :-)   I know a few around here.

Lastly,  I too would like to see standard KOs in DC 250.  What a waste to file
those two inch holes a little bit bigger on occasiion.

Adios amigos,   Wally

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: