{ Non} Production of SW - 4024 [RE-wrenches]

Dana Orzel slrwrk at ocinet.net
Tue Dec 18 16:28:51 PST 2001

Hello Wrenches,
Today as we wrapped up a couple of loose details on a great project, one we
of the Trace Sw 4024's blew the 250 Amp breaker and suffered a large
compressed smoke release. The inverter was loaded @ 23 to 25 amp at the
time. The inverter had been in service for 3.5 weeks and had shut down in
over current mode several times. We looked and figured [1] that the
carpenters had a bad extension cord {or 2} and [2] the startup loads were
high on occasion, nothing new for these units in my experience.
I called Trace and Sunamp and ETA Eng, to see what the fastest route to
repair or replacement was. To my  surprise, I was informed that due to the
grid connected UL situation at Trace, there were no SW units are in
production till things were sorted out. This included non grid connected
production too. There are some SW units in the pipe line. I was triing to
secure a replacement unit not a repair due to the short life of this unit.
Till today I was amused by the grid connect fiasco unraveling. Now I realize
that this affects the Off grid unit supply too.

Pagen - please confirm and advise us all as to the availability of SW units
for the off grid market. Thank you!

I would like to publicly thank, Dean in Tech support at Trace, and Boaz at
Dankoff  for both going way out of their way to try to find a replacement
unit for me through a variety of channels. Many Thanks for your time and
efforts guys!
Energetically
 Dana
Great Solar Works, Inc.