Wrenches mention [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Aug 23 17:39:28 PDT 2001

Friends,
CEE News magazine, a trade journal for mainstream electrical contractors, is
doing a cover story on PV in their September issue. They interviewed five
licensed electrical contractors doing PV in different areas of the US, of
which we are one. I just got the paste-up today, and it's pretty good.
I mentioned the Wrenches list to the writer as part of a conversation on
ways good installers learn their stuff and from each other. I forwarded a
random message so that she could access the archive. Today she asked if I
thought she should include access to the archived message list in a
"Resources" sidebar to the story. I said I thought not (my reply is below)
but that I would ask the group to see if there was a consensus.
For the e-zine, try www.ceenews.com. This article is for the print version,
as I understand.
Thanks!
Allan

Hi Allan-
It sounds interesting. Do you think I should include it in the Solar
Checklist or Solar Sources sidebar?
Amy

Amy,
My opinion only: I don't think so. It is better suited to established
installers than to the those considering the field. If they get into the
industry, and get well connected to the industry, they'll find out about it
soon enough. I will post an inquiry to the wrenches group asking for others'
input on your question. You may read the responses too. But I wouldn't
include it unless there's overwhelming support from other wrenches.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com