net metering two inverters [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Wed Aug 22 08:02:34 PDT 2001

We are presently designing a system to be installed in Britain that will use
two SW4548E's 230v 50hz. We have been considering using a Trace SWI/PAR/E
parallel stacking interface. However after reading Trace's owner's manual
for the SWI/PAR it appears that using this device may prevent the utility
inter-tie that is an eventual goal of the system.
Therefore we are considering keeping the two SW's separate, each would feed
it's own load center. One question we have is it OK to connect both of these
separate inverter's (same battery bank) AC input #1 to utility grid power?
It would think that it should not be a problem, in that two neighboring home
systems can have inter-tied inverters. But the question still needs to be
asked.

Dave

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com