Pain & Loathing in Solar [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Sat Aug 4 00:14:55 PDT 2001

It's after midnight, I'm in the middle of laying out a power board on my
table and lost my motivation. This is a tough business. I just checked:
I've hand carried over 20 tons of lead acid batteries the past 5 years. I'm
tired. All of you must be dealing with this too? Wrestling 4/0 cable with
your fingers. Pulling a hundred pounds of slimey wire through 200 ft of
conduit a few inches at a time....Always the digging: in rock, in mud, in
frozen ground...
And the ritual insertion of the ground rod 8 ft down into what ever the
earth can dream up  ... Well pumps: lets not even think about the miles of
pipe pulled and slid back in - "This time it'll last 10 years"...
Is it worth it?
Are we really saving the world?
Am I off topic?
Have I stared too long into the sun?