PVGFP [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Wed Aug 1 20:04:41 PDT 2001

Holt,

With a PVGFP, the ONLY place that the ground and neutral can come together,
in the whole DC system, is at the PVGFP. So if you've got the ground and
neutral tied together at the EZ Wire, then that's your problem. You need to
unbond those neutrals, and ground the EZ Wire cabinet separately.

Truly a pain and pretty tough to justify, (right Bob-O?) but if you want it
to meet the code entirely, that's what you've got to do if the PV is on a
dwelling. And don't forget to unbond the ground and neutral in the Trace
DC250 (if that's what you're using.) This means putting another neutral bus
into the DC250, and disconnecting the shunt from the existing ground block.
(either connect the shunt to a new ground block isolated on a piece of
plywood, or make a bus bar and directly attach to the shunt.)

Gets crowded in that DC 250.

Jeff