Pro gen 9000 [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Tue Jul 31 18:16:05 PDT 2001

Has any one had any experience with this generator? A Pro Gen 9000, plugged
into the full power outlet hooked to a DR1512. When I first saw it was only
putting 25-27 amps into totally dead batteries.  I cranked it up higher (125
volts) and got 42 amps from it. The rating is 70 and there were no heavy
loads on the generator otherwise. I did try a motor load to see if it
improved, it didn't.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

The system is 3 weeks old and I had no hand in designing it, I just ended up
in the area giving a seminar and got asked to look at the system. I am
afraid that it is a typical shoot the messenger job, the system was planned
by a good mail order shop, the customer is real mad that running 3 hours
every 3 days will not keep the battery charged while they do the laundry.
They say they bought it so they will not have to listen to the
generator......

Wondering what else to try.
Thanks,
Bob