ST poor-formance [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Mon Jul 23 23:14:05 PDT 2001

Friends:

A few weeks ago I posted a question about apparent poor performance of
ST2500 inverters as witnessed by myself.  Trace offered a replacement chip.
 I received the chips and have upgraded 1 of the 3 inverters.  There was no
improvement seen.

These inverters are all running at about 60% of nominal rating.  The panels
are new, clean and oriented directly towards the sun, within 5 degrees,
during our tests.  The ambient temperatures have been in the 70 to 80
degree F range.

Calculations suggest that we should see in the neighborhood of 80% efficiency.

The dealer who sold these inverters has contacted Trace and we are waiting
to hear from them what explanation they can offer for this reduced output.
In the meantime, we are checking our work and readings.  We will keep you
posted.  If anyone else has any new experience with the ST inverters, I
would love to hear about it.

William Miller

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com