Top of pole mount ? and Tracking [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Mon Jul 2 22:48:59 PDT 2001

Hi Travis:

I use pole mounts exclusively and have done several attached to the facia
(and structure behind it) with a secondary bracket. I always try to sink it
in concrete 4 to 8 ft too so the bracket becomes redundant. It solves alot
of probs with roof mounts while gaining the benefits of security and roof
reflection.
I avoid trackers (especially Zomeworks) because the extra cost doesn't pay
off except in the summer. My customers need more power in the winter and
more modules on a fixed rack is cheaper and less service hassle.

That said, I have had an excellent relationship with Array Technologies and
their Wattsun tracker. They are always striving to make a better product. I
use them on Fresnel lens concentrators and water pumping systems.

SolarRay

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm