New Energy Star Fridges Listing [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sun Jun 17 12:15:46 PDT 2001

Looks like there are plenty of new fridges that now meet the "Energy Star
Standards".  If I remember correctly they made it quite a bit harder for a
fridge to be able to carry the "Energy Star Label" early this year so for a
while there was no units being made that met the criteria.

You can see the ones that made it at
http://www.energystar.gov/products/search.asp?atype=RF.  This link allows
you to do a search based on criteria that you choose.  I sorted by size.
The largest fridge is a 29.4 cu.ft. Maytag that only uses 694 kWh's
annually!  Many of the ~20 cu.ft are in the 460 annual kWh range.  That's
right around 1.26 kWH's per day.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar

- - - -