monitoring equipment--oh say have you seen? [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Mon Apr 23 09:31:42 PDT 2001

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar wrote:

> re: the hiccups,  sometimes one of my model 20-1850's (the with backlight)
> blanks out/resets itself when I hook it up to a load anywhere near 1850
> watts.  I had to send one back one time to get it recalibrated.

Hi all,

Some of you may remember that I had some problems when I first purchased
my Brand 4-1850.  Ethan helped me figure out that it was loosing
calibration, and then emailed me with the re-calibration procedure.  A
very quick fix.  It turns out that the meter will often loose
calibration if it is monitoring a load plugged into a Trace that comes
in/out of search mode to power a load.  It's too bad because in order to
monitor the efficiency improvements I've been making to an off the shelf
frig, I have to defeat the search mode on the inverter, and generate a
couple hundred extra watt hours a day just to keep the frig's inverter
awake.  All in all, a great meter though -- Kurt Nelson

PS - My GE TAX10SNXCRWH (10.5 CF) is down to 600 WH/Day and I haven't
started adding insulation yet.

- - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com