Subject: Re: ST Service Bulletin [RE-wrenches]

carl reuter creuter at rocketmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:02:31 PST 2001

Hello wrenches:I must say after having just attented a two day
grid-intertie seminar and talking a bit with
Trace and some of the wrenches, that I have to change my opinion of
whether it is not perhaps in our best interest to include Pagan as a
liason for Trace. She would be able to certainly get the answers as
they saw best to give them and it could expedite response from their
tech people. Ezra was there and although I didn't speak with him, I
can tell you that when Chris Freitas and the head of sales(forgot his
name) did their presentation and got to the ST, a small contingent of
us raised the burning questions we've all had, and lo and behold,
they did respond. There was a bit of salesmanlike smoothing over at
first, but they did finally admit to some things. They recognize that
some colder area installations are experiencing problems with the
MPPT and that the unit shuts down and looses metering info while
trying to sort itself out. They apparently have a new version
software that is being installed on all new ones going out the door(
less aggressive & slightly less efficient tracking) and in addition,
will provide it selectively to folks that are running into those
issues with older units. They mentioned the possiblity of some
compensation on a case by case basis for having to go back into the
field.It did all sound encouraging enough that I'll give them a try,
although they are apparently in short supply right now. They said
they are increasing production capacity and should have more units
out soon. We layed into them a bit about the SW and the comeback was
that a new version of software is coming that will have the silent
sell as well as other much-requested features. I dont recall when
though.It all sounded positive, as did the news from PG&E concerning
TOU metering and the CECs latest info on rebates.Carl Reuter

 Hi Steve,

> Well I will beat the horse just a little.  Do you really think that

Ezra
isn't
> checking his email while on business, anywhere that might be?
>
> And we cannot claim that there was a stream of information before
he left
for
> OZ which then dried up.  Look I know Ezra's busy, we all are and I
don't
know
> where the problem is at Trace ( in terms of communication with us)
I just
know
> that there is.  I just hope it changes, although it does seem to be

the
nature
> of big business to be slower in getting organized, but once done
they can
be
> pretty good.
>
> jay
> Peltz power

=====
Land and Sea Solar, Renewable Energy Systems.
www.landandseasolar.com
carl at landandseasolar.com
 Phone:831-252-5040

http://auctions.yahoo.com/