NEC Code Writing on List [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Mon Mar 5 08:35:28 PST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi Wrenches,

The essential link for effecting the code on this (or another) list is
having access to information about what is being discussed in the
committees.  We need to know this information while the discussion is on
the table.

This will require someone being in the meetings who can put information on
the list.  Bill Brooks has offered to let us know the schedule of the
meetings.

"I would be happy to notify all wrenches of any meetings through this forum
if you would like
that."

This service could be of great help.  We still need to find someone to
attend the meetings.  Thank you very much Bill.  Are you in a position to
attend any meetings?

We usually learn about NEC rulings only after they have become
mandatory.  We read the new wording and try to figure out what it
means.  Inspectors are in the same boat, although they may have attended
workshops that define the new sections.  Code language, as we all know, is
notoriously difficult to decipher.

Electricians can also attend the workshops if they want to invest the time
and money.  But wouldn't it be great if we could help define the codes to
truly represent safe and cost effective methods of RE installation.  In
this way we would be thoroughly acquainted with the new rulings before
their adoption.

Are there any Wrenches who are close to the code writing committees.  Does
anyone know if the actual writing happens in Quincy, Massachusetts?

Drake

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: