Battery sizing for running the SW [RE-wrenches]

carl reuter creuter at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:17:23 PST 2001

Hi All: Thanks John for the net metering info.
I had a question that I had posed to the same Trace tech mentioned in
earlier postings, and that is , what is the minimum size battery bank
to use with a Trace SW if its used primarily as a Grid tie system?
Now that they discontinued the Utility Only version,Im forced to buy
some amount of batteries to make the SW work. The Trace tech
suggested 300 amp hours,but I see pictures of the Trace power module
showing a SW with 4 gel batteries sitting under it. If I were to put
a single SW4048 in one of those enclosures and follow the tech's
advice, that would mean I'd need three stacks of just batteries below
the inverter. This might be another case of you guys knowing more
than the company about whats right.Any feedback would be appreciated.
Carl Reuter

=====
Land and Sea Solar, Renewable Energy Systems.  Email: carl at landandseasolar.com.   Phone:831-252-5040  website: www.landandseasolar.com

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/