Hydro-caps [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Tue Feb 13 07:45:05 PST 2001

Good day Bob-O,

I have a customer who is planning to purchase a new battery this
summer.  It would seem that his main objective is to toss out his old
L-16s (8), and put in something that would require near zero levels of
maintenance.  He regularly works on his batteries and seems to enjoy it,
but says he is trying to make the system as simple as possible in case
something should "happen" to him.  He feels his wife would never even
open the battery box.  Okay, that's the deal, here's the questions.  He
wanted to go Concord or some type of AGM battery because he heard they
were the answer to everyone's battery needs, if they can afford them.  I
told him this might not be the case, and that perhaps a new set of
L-16's along with Hydro-caps might be a better choice.  His response (he
has read a bit) was to the concern of EQ's and the Hydro-caps.

I also mentioned that no system was going to be 100% maintenance free
and that the best answer might be to simply have a Wrench make
regularlly scheduled maintenance visits to the home/battery, should he
become "happened".

I was wondering if I could get some thoughts from the group, especially
in regards to EQ's with Hydro-caps as I have yet to ever use them.

Thanks much in advance -- Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: