On the Radio... [RE-wrenches]

Holt Kelly hkelly6 at attglobal.net
Tue Jan 23 13:39:55 PST 2001

Hello all,
I tried  posting this on the marketing sight but Topica won't let me in
yet.......
 I have been asked to talk about the California situation on a News/talk
station on Friday morning, and I would like some feedback from ya'll. I
don't pretend to be an expert on that particular situation, but I think
I understand that part of the problem is that only half of the market
was deregulated (the price utilities could sell kw's) Some utilities are
actually paying more per kw from out of state generation companies than
thy are charging their customers. Those companies are (duh!) having cash
flow problems and can't pay bills or order more electricty (don't they
have to bid on future production?) Add the fact that California did not
build enough power plants...er, that is not foresighted enough to put
"2kw of PV on every house built" and voila! They're "running out of
electricty"...Is this a good basic concept of the situation? I want to
be breif in explaining the problem so I can discuss the SOLution. I am
going to segue to the "power of indepedence" monologue as soon as I can
(the segment will run 4-5 minutes).
I was hoping that maybe ya'll could give me some good stuff to
plagerize. Thanks in advance.
Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
Waco, TX.