the bonfire of Vanner vanities [RE-wrenches]

mmangelsdorf at hei.com mmangelsdorf at hei.com
Mon Jan 22 18:18:56 PST 2001

In case anyone else is interested in the subject of Trace's SW series
getting some meaningful competition some day soon:  I talked to Vanner today
about their new RE 24-4500 grid-tie inverter.  On paper it sounds good--300+
steps to get the waveform more sinusoidal as compared to less than 60 steps
for the SW.  It will list for over $4000.  So far, according to Vanner,
there's only one of these inverters actually connected to the grid and it is
connected to the grid sitting in the Vanner building's lunchroom!  In case
anyone is interested in getting a hold of one of these puppies, give Dave
Rhodes (sp?) at Vanner a call: 888 227-6937.  The unit is UL 1741 and IEEE
929 approved.  I am hoping to get one hooked up here in Hawai'i soon so that
I can see how well it works in the real world beyond Vanner's cafeteria.

Marco Mangelsdorf, Ph.D.
Marketing and Sales
ProVision Technologies, Inc.
69 Railroad Avenue, Suite A-7