New Energy Monitor for Off-Grid Systems [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Wed Jan 10 22:53:10 PST 2001

Hello Wrenches,

        This came to me yesterday in snail mail then today in e-mail.
        Anybody know anything about it?
Seems like the e meter would do the DC side and a standard AC meter the AC
side cheaper.

Check it out, any opinions?
Later,
Bob Ellison

Dear Off-Grid and Backup Power System Business Owners and Users,

To help remove the guesswork in designing and operating power systems,
Fisher-Wright Instruments has developed the HEXAPLEX Kilowatt Hour metering
system. Owners of off-grid and backup power systems know the problem of
estimating solar insolation and wind speeds. HEXAPLEX will give accurate
measurements of solar energy, wind generation, generator output, battery
efficiencies, and inverter efficiencies over extended usage.  Fuel cost per
kilowatt-hour is then determined accurately.  When using the HEXAPLEX system
design can be optimized and operation monitored continuously.
The HEXAPLEX measures DC and AC kilowatt-hours simultaneously for up to
eight channels and can be integrated into residential or industrial power
systems to measure:
Solar DC Kilowatt-hours
Wind DC Kilowatt-hours
Battery DC Bi-directional Kilowatt-hours

Load AC Kilowatt-hours
Generator AC Kilowatt-hours
Utility input AC Kilowatt-hours
Utility Bi-directional AC Kilowatt-hours

The HEXAPLEX is a unique product since no computer or programming is
required.  A single module is required for each measurement.  Modules can be
conveniently stacked and installed permanently.  The user needs no outside
power source; standard ratings are 6000 watts per AC channel and up to
12,000 watts per DC channel with the ability to reset individual registers
that measure up to 10,000 Kilowatt-hours. Other configurations are
available.
The HEXAPLEX is field tested and designed by users of off-grid power
systems. Our data shows the HEXAPLEX to be accurate, easy to install and
use. For a detailed chart of a working unit and other technical information
please visit our website at http://home.att.net/~fisher-wright, or, e-mail
us at FISHER-WRIGHT at worldnet.att.net. We can also be reached by telephone
(801-209-2392) and fax (435-649-3863)
Please contact us with any questions you might have. We will respond
promptly.
Sincerely,

Robert H. Wright, Sales Manager
Fisher-Wright Instruments