More Trace wish list [RE-wrenches]

R. Sparks Scott sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Tue Jan 2 21:07:19 PST 2001

	Thought of a couple more items:

	1) Silent Sell
	2) EPROM Back up battery (this is sooooo simple...)
	3) More accurate/finer resolution metering (especially on AC amps)
	4) Finer resolution/lower available value for search watts (16 watts?
Gimmie a break!)
	5) Equalize battery feature that works??
	6) Display of battery temp comp/actual batt temperature via temp comp probe.
	7) Adjustable return-to-float control (see below)
	8) Adjustable "AC 1 in Good" timer (see below)

	7) A user programmable	timer to allow the SW to return to float mode after
an AC 1 (and/or 2) input power interruption. I find that I have frequent
power fluctuations in my system (mostly from switching transients in the
130 VDC PV array) that knock the SW out of tolerance, and it drops off the
grid, only to return after 90 seconds ***and begins another BULK charge
cycle***. This feature would allow the user to force the inverter to ignore
power interruptions of a pre-set maximum duration in ?? minute increments,
allowing the inverter to return directly to a FLOAT mode.

	8) User programmable override of the 90 second time-out on "AC 1 (and/or
2) in Good". After the input power interruptions mentioned above, I see my
battery terminal voltage climb to equalize charge values while the PV's
hammer current into them at 60-75 amps, waiting for the inverter to decide
that the AC is good and connect, bringing the charge under control by grid
intertie. With my super-reliable city-grade grid power, I don't need to
wait more than the few cycles it takes the inveter to sync up to the power
grid. Let me speed up this process. 90 seconds seems like an eternity when
you can hear the electrolyte fizzing away on the other side of the battery
container wall!

	-S

	-S

To send a message: