Cold Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Thu Dec 21 09:25:45 PST 2000

I have twelve 4v volt 1104 aH Surrettes in one of my box trucks being stored
while the customer builds their house.   I have been charging them (12 volts
at a time)  with a Tiger TS 500 at least monthly so they are pretty charged
up currently.

All of the 12 volt sets are reading at least 12.67 and its less than 20
degrees where they are being stored.  It has been about 4 weeks since I last
charged them.   At what point do I have to worry about them being damaged
from freezing?  We are expecting 5 below with wind chills of 30 below for
the next few nights.

Should I avoid charging them until it gets a little warmer?  I do have a BTS
plugged into the Tiger but I am not convinced of it's effectiveness.

I'm trying to keep them in as new condition while they customer finishes up
the house.

Travis Creswell

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com