SW Compatibility Was: MonitorÆ brand kerosene heaters [RE-

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Fri Dec 8 21:27:49 PST 2000

RE-wrenches said:
>They all worked great but the Toyotomi won't run off my 4048.<

Travis,

 I assume you have theToyotomi 1800? Any idea why? Does it _still_ work on
utility power?
My Toyotomi 1200 has never given me a problem on a ProSine 1000 or utility
power. According to the specs I have, the 1800 would also work on a 1000
watt inverter. The rotary compressor in these air conditioners minimizes
starting loads which makes any battery inverter combo happy, especially the
lightweight  Statpower SW products.

Steve Wiley commented that he had discovered a mass marketed TV that also
was Trace SW resistant (no damage, just inop).
Someone noted a bread maker that was also Trace SW inop.

The Trace MSW units _advertize_ "you can use the same appliances you use at
home". Then when you read 5 pages in the back of the  Owner's Manual (one
page titled Problem Loads) they tell you since you've bought a "modified
square wave inverter" you are your own testing agency and "Trace assumes no
responsibility for failure of a particular product in your application!"
Probably not long before the SW manual also has a similar caveat, if the
Truth in Advertizing folks are on their toes. <Rant Off>

Any comments on the heat pump function?

Bill Loesch
bill_loesch at compuserve.com
tel / fax 314 631 1094