FW: Real Goods Solar Times Newsletter (Issue #18) [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Mon Dec 4 16:21:50 PST 2000

Here's who bought the Belize PV's. And selling them to the public for more
$. How many of us smaller folks will feel an economic impact from this?

Generally I do not support used equipment. I NEVER metion or deal in used
equipment when working wtih those who can afford new. I had actually sold
about 20 of these panels to folks who could rally use the break, mainly
off-grid. The $2000 of profit I might have made is only one piece of the
issue. The bigger piece is it was an opportunity to get into some folks'
systems and establish a relationship, and gain some more installation work
for the winter.

I can tell you I will not be installing these. How are we going to
establish an industry, when the BIG BOX STORE (realgoods) is cutting us off
before we can start. We all know that one day (hopefully) we'll be
competing with the big boxes, that's what happens in mature industry,
everything becomes a "consumer product". But we're a little early in the
cycle.

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Vermont Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
802/765-4632
802/765-9983 (Fax)
global at sover.net
www.globalresourceoptions.com

Real Goods - Solar Times - Issue 18    FYI, guess who bought the panels
from Belize?