grid intertie [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Fri Dec 1 09:33:10 PST 2000

Wrenches,
	We will soon be adding a 60 Amp lockable disconnect to a 5kw PV array with
(2) Trace SW4024's so the homeowner can sell into the utility grid.
	This is our first experience with net-metering so we are in need of some
guidance on the proper settings of the inverters for Menu headings (17)
BATTERY SELLING and (18) GRID USAGE TIMER.
	Presently the pv array charge controllers (2 Pulse PWM 60's) are set for
57.6 volts bulk charge and 54.8 volts float.
	The Trace Bulk charge voltage is set at 58.8 volts.
What should (17) Battery Sell Volts be set at?
             and Max Sell Amps ?

Also (18) Grid usage timer I'm assuming should be set on SELL.
	I don't understand entirely the usage timer aspect as Trace notes: "By
setting the beginning time equal to the ending time, the grid usage timer
feature is defeated." Does this mean the sell feature is gone? I wouldn't
think so. But it does come under Menu heading (18). How does #(18) actually
work?

Thanks,

Dave Palumbo
IP&L