Neptune is going away [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Nov 27 07:43:33 PST 2000

The Maytag Neptune is evolving into a different model.  It uses more energy
according to the yellow energy tag, costs more (over $1400) and has a
digital touch pad screen right out of Star Trek.

There is still a few of the original models left on the local dealer floors.
 I picked up one this weekend for $700 on a close out deal.  If you or any
or your customers are holding out for a Neptune you had better act now as
the old one is almost gone.

I opened up to inspect the machine for shipping bolts in case the dealer
didn't remove them (he didn't).  We got the floor model already unpacked and
minus any instructions so was being careful not to destroy my washer on the
load.  While I had it open I was amazed by how simple it was.  Everything is
very easy to get to and very simple to identify.  Much more than any other
standard washer I have ever opened up.  I have not opened a Staber although.
 I believe working on it would be well within a handy home owners ability.

First three loads averaged less than 110 wH's.  My inverter is a grid tied
4048 and we were running in sell mode at the time.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com