SW search mode [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson, SunWise sunwise at win.bright.net
Mon Nov 13 09:00:38 PST 2000

Greetings all,

I have a client with an SW inverter that is grid tied with battery
back-up.  When off grid and inverting, I can't get the inverter to go
into search mode even if I flip the main breaker in the panel that has
all the Trace dedicated loads in it.  If I up the search watts to 32, it
will sleep with no loads on it, but at 16 watts, it cycles on and off
like a wall wart is plugged in somewhere in the home, even though though
the main loads breaker is off.  This occurs when the AC1 is
disconnected, though the line-tie LED some times stays on even though
the AC1 LED (and breaker) is off.  Could this be related to the problem?

I convinced the client to elminate phantom loads and after all those
efforts, the Trace won't snooze.  They're not real happy about it...

Thanks for any thoughts -- Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: