Staber washing machines [RE-wrenches]

Jim Pickett james.morris at codetel.net.do
Sun Oct 29 16:11:35 PST 2000

Hi,

My husband is a "wrench" participant, but I read Home Power, too.  In fact
it was in Home Power that I first read about the washing machines made by
Staber Industries.  My old machine was on it's last leg and I immediately
knew that the Staber machine was what I wanted - a machine that would last
me the rest of my life.

Received the machine last week here in the Dominican Republic.  Found out
that it works great on our Heart inverter, but since we can sometimes have
loooong outages here, we'd really prefer to save the batteries for our other
energy needs (i.e., lights, fans and a Sunfrost refrigerator.)  We have a
Honda 4.5 kwa generator that we used to power the old Whirlpool when there
was no lights.

My question is if anyone has experience powering a Staber washer with a
generator?  Specifically, I'm wondering if I can have the generator set on
Auto for the Auto-throttle system to save on fuel consumption?  With my old
machine I could, but I have received no response from Staber when I asked
them for information on powering the machine with a generator.

Sure would appreciate receiving advice on this.

Tricia Pickett
Bethany Lifewater Project
Dominican Republic

james.morris at codetel.net.do