Grundfos SQ ac pumps [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Thu Sep 28 11:12:33 PDT 2000

Does anyone have any experience with the Grundfos SQ seies of 115vac
submersible water pumps. They are advertised as a slow starting / no surge
pump. On page 77 in the Alternative Energy (Applied Power) 2000-2001 catalog
is a performance chart which says the 1/3HP SQ will run off of a 800 watt
inverter and will produce 1.8 gallons per minute at 40 psi with 100' of
head.
	If we use the pressure tank at a standard 20 to 40 psi range the pump chart
says the 1/3HP SQ will pump at 1.8gpm (the low flow rate is very acceptable
for this small one person and very modest home). At 120' of lift the chart
is blank so I assume the pump will not operate at this lift at 40psi. The
well is being drilled next week so we will soon know the static water level.
I'm hoping for less than 10' below grade. Even with this high static water
level the 1/3HP model looks too close to me as the 40psi in the pressure
tank is the equivalent of 92 feet of lift (head) plus the 10' to the water
and we're at 112 feet. Can I Run the pressure tank at 10 to 30 psi?
	If not, that brings us to the 1/2HP SQ pump which will pump at 4 gpm at 40
psi with 120' of head. The question on this pump is will it run on the
Exeletech XP 1100 (1100 watt)12v inverter. According to the AEE chart the
1/2HP pump will run on a 1200 watt inverter. So close. Does any one have any
experience with the SQ series pumps and know what the actuall draw is?
 Will the 1/2HP pump draw less if we are operating in the mid range of its
performance curve?

On a related subject does any one have any experience running a Maytage
Neptune Washer on the Exeltech XP 1100? The Staber is not an option for us
because of a few negative experiences with them.

Anyone know of any good sources for the Grundfos SQ pumps other than AP?

Thanks,
Dave Palumbo
Idependent Power

To send a message: