Winco gen-set [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson, SunWise sunwise at win.bright.net
Thu Sep 7 08:40:55 PDT 2000

Okay, I'm off my soap box now in regards to the referral issue.  Got a
problem with a generator (Winco 6.5?).  Did a solar install for a woman
who had been using the above mentioned gen-set.  Turns out, when I left
there last fall, she never started her gen-set again.  I told her about
exersizing the generator and maintenance/EQ charges on the battery, but
she just let the solar go and all was well.  The other day she changed
oil on the genny and decided to run the generator.  Now it and it won't
start (crank).  I found the starter battery dead and jumped it to my
truck battery.  Went to the Trace's generator menu and to "on".
Generator started and after a minute or two I removed the truck's jumper
and it immediately died.  Here's the real problem, now it will not crank
again, even if I repeat the jumper deal.  I looked in vain for some type
of reset button (DC breaker by the auto/off/run switch looks good), but
have found nothing blown or tripped.  Can't get it to crank from the
manual "on" switch either.  Any thoughts of what may have happened when
I took the truck battery (truck not running) off the gen-set's starter
battery?

Appreciated -- Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com