Project Involement Level? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Sep 5 14:25:10 PDT 2000

Kurt,

I agree you you wholeheartedly.  I try get my customers that are building a
house to pay attention to what they are doing but often the General feels
like he is getting is feet stepped on so I have to back off and bite my
tongue while they install incandescent lights and don't pay attention to
caulking up the plumbing and electrical penetrations.

How many off us are building the whole house?  How many of us would like to?

Travis
Ozark Solar
----------
>From: "Kurt Nelson, SunWise" <sunwise at win.bright.net>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: Referral [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Sun, Sep 3, 2000, 10:37 PM
>

>My greater concern is on system design.  I think site surveys, load
>profiling and all aspects of customer consulting is every bit as important
>as battery buss bars and inverter programming.  In every system I've
>installed that I really feel
>good about, I was involved in more than just the PV's, at least on an
>advisory level.  The whole house needs to be considered as a complex system,
>from the building's insulation, vapor barrier, heating systems and
>electrical complexities, to the very foundation of the building and its
>orientation.  That's when solar really shines, but it's tough stuff to
>quantify. --  Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: