SW charging problems [RE-wrenches]

carl reuter creuter at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 22 20:56:11 PDT 2000

I just hooked up a SW5548 that will be part of a
backup system and was anxious to top off the batteries
as the customer has had them sitting for 8 months. I
temporarily hooked up a extension cord to AC1 and set
the AC1 amps at 15 as well as the max charging amps to
15. The inverter recognised the grid power, the volts
and hertz were perfect but evertime I'd try to
initiate charging the charger would only ingage and
the bulk light would come on for about 5 sec. before
it would kick out. It would keep repeating this
pattern and the onboard meter never showed any amps.
All the other settings are at default and since no
error lites came on I'm thinking I missed something.
Any suggestions. Carl Reuter

=====
Land and Sea Solar, email: creuter at rocketmail.com     Phone: 1-831-477-7762

http://mail.yahoo.com/