Remember that SW giving me grief? [RE-wrenches]

Donna Fischer, Amazon Power amazonpower at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 22:04:59 PDT 2000

<x-flowed>Hi folks,

It's been some time since I asked for ideas on an overcharging problem
coupled with melted cordless drill batteries, and appreciate the food for
thought that I got back.  Some of you probably wonder what came of this, so
now that I figured some of it out (with more help, of course)I thought I'd
let you know.  In the future I'll be sure to give more system details.  This
is a wind/pv hybrid system.  The county has been making us jump through lots
of hoops before giving approval for this tower, so I installed the PV system
alone through the EZ-wire center to ease the use of the propane generator.
I thought the dump load was only used to regulate the wind generator and
didn't have it hooked up yet.  So there ya go - batteries got overcharged.
As far as the cordless batteries melting, I got a couple of good ideas about
why this may have happened from you guys, and when I looked at the chargers,
at least one of them had a half inch of bare copper showing on both sides of
the cord!

This is the first wind/pv system I've masterminded and my learning curve was
steep, but hey, I'll be going into the next one with a lot more confidence.
Thanks for giving me some positive feedback when I was going crazy with
this!    Donna

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: