Solar Boost in Net Metering [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Tue Aug 15 19:28:30 PDT 2000

Jon,

Both the Solar Boost that we use on our mobile setup and the Fire Wind and
Rain that we are destroying in our basement are hooked up to net meter. The
only tricky part is just like on the C-40's or others. Make sure the
controller does not go into shutoff due to voltage. I was told by Trace to
keep the voltage differential (between the Inverter and the charge
controller) at .5V for 12V system, 1V for a 24V system and 1.5V for a 48 V
system, due to "measurement errors" (i.e. to make up for Trace's bad
meters).

The power boost and the voltage conversion have nothing to do with the net
metering otherwise. Of course, we do not see the larger boost, since we are
operating at "battery full" levels, but we are still seeing an
(unscientifically measured) approximately 10 - 15% boost with the SB50. (No
boost, probably deficiet, with the FWR)

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Vermont Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
802/765-4632