48 Volt Solar Boost 50 [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Aug 7 13:35:37 PDT 2000

Per Steve Willey's suggestion I checked with RV power products about a 48
volt MPPT model.  They are planning to have it out by late September and it
will be a Solar Boost 3048.  30 amps max output which is going to limit the
array to 24 amps.   It's price and appearance will be similar to the Solar
Boost 50.

On a separate note:

Why isn't a charge controller made that allows you to select whatever input
voltage and output voltage you desire?  Not just 12,24 or 48.  I mean in
multiples of 12 volts.  This really doesn't apply to output (batteries) as
much as to input.    I know, I know it would complex and expensive but...
Imagine being able to add solar panels one at a time on a 48 volt system as
the (customers) budget allows.  Wouldn't be nice to put a 1200 watt array
200 feet away from the 12 volt battery on #6 copper.   All of the modules
could be ran in series each one adding to the voltage and reducing voltage
drop.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar

- - - - - - -