SW-4024 blowing well pumps [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Thu Aug 3 16:01:47 PDT 2000

<x-flowed>Gentlemen,

We have a dealer whose customer has blown 3 well pump motors.

He has an SW-4024 properly installed. Pump is 1 HP 230V run thru a
T-240. He has an Onan generator backup on propane.

No other appliances have blown, though he has relatively few.

I suppose it could be that blown FET problem that you've been
discussing. The dealer doesn't have an RMS voltmeter (yet) but he
will now get one. Do you guys think that the known FET problem will
be indicated by a high RMS volt (ie. 140V) reading with some
consistancy? Or only under certain conditions? Any specific test
suggestions?

I'll find out later whether his generator ever ran out of gas.

Has this problem ever been traced to lightning/static?  -- likely
from DC or AC end?

Thanks,

Windy Dankoff

- - - - - - -