Lightning [RE-wrenches]

James Lamb, Middle Fork Engineering j.lamb at pecorp.com
Tue Jul 11 06:25:44 PDT 2000

Note When you disconnect AC, DC and telephone, Lightning will jump the
diconnection gap. Therefore you must have a very large gap so the lightning
goes somewhere else. I know of a person who pulled the electric meter out to
disconnect a windmill and then saw lightning jump over the gaps of the meter
base. Lightning protection will make this more unlikely. It depends on the
power of the lightning (direct hit, side flash or Hot or Cold Lightning).
Don't get caught making a diconnection at the same time there is a strike.

and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please