Trace FET problems [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mt. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Sat Jul 8 15:27:48 PDT 2000

Ok, now I am wondering if my old type 1, 4024 (SN 2711) has bad FETS. I
am curious how this condition would show up... the unit appears to be
operating fine in all modes. It has never had a generator hooked up to
it, but has faithfully been operating without interruption in a grid
interactive mode continuously for nearly 5 years now. Would the unit's
efficiency be affected by bad FETS or just high THD?

I do have an oscilloscope however I wonder what kind of sine wave trace
I would see with bad transistors? From the TTW on this unit in HP, I
remember the trace being a series of steps formulation the sine wave
approximation.

Thanks for the feedback fellow techies!

Todd

P.S. Anyone else discover the "Tech Menu" available beyond the user and
set up menu's? There are a bunch of readouts in there that I don't
understand... Anyone deciphered them? It is helpful to see the heat sink
temperature readouts.
--
Todd Cory
KE6SXS