Protection of DC circuits [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin, Quicksilver Electrical solar at eagle-access.net
Fri Jun 9 10:11:29 PDT 2000

I have a question for the Wrench list.  It has always been the wisdom
that I'd heard, not to put DC circuits on the array side of a battery
disconnect, because the open circuit voltage of the array could fry DC
appliances.

The question I have is:  "Will a modern charge control, like a Trace
C-40, adequately protect DC loads against open circuit array voltage?"

Will an older type of charge control, such as the on-off type, protect
DC loads?

Thanks for your help.

Drake

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>