Full Power Switch [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon May 1 06:28:47 PDT 2000

Wrenches,

I'm sure a lot of you get either the Nothern Tool & Equipment Catalog or the
Great Plains catalog (they seem to be the same company).  They have all sort
of tools, sprayers, pumps etc at pretty good prices.   web site for Great
Plains is www.GPCatalog.com if anyone is interested.

In the latest Great Plains they have two generators the feature a full power
switch.  Continuous ratings for them are 4500 watts and 6600 watts, both are
Honda powered, have low oil shutdown, and come with voltmeter and hour
meter.    From the description they say this feature allows the user to get
full power at 120v.  I'm not talking about an auto idle switch or load sense
switch.    I have seen generators that have this feature before but have
never hooked one up to a inverter or battery charger.  This would solve a
lot of problems when trying to charge batteries with one inverter or charger
while not using the T240 or similar device.  The price is right too.   Does
anyone have any experience with these full power switches?  I'd like to here
some pro's and con's

Thanks
Travis Creswell
To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>