DC kWhr meter? [RE-wrenches]

Jason Fisher aurora at toad.net
Sat Apr 22 02:32:40 PDT 2000

sunwise at win.bright.net wrote:

> consider Crusing Equipment's E-meter.  Installed as a whole
> house meter, it will give good readings on PV current when loads in the
> home are off (reads what ever is going into or out of the battery and
> also displays accumulated Amp Hours).  Bobier Electronics produces a
> multi-channel meter called something like Powermaster? (used to be
> OmniMeter)

Wrenches and Kurt,

I've used such meters for battery systems, they are great but more complicated and expensive
than I'd like for this application.  I was hoping to only log kWhrs of PV production (or wind)
in sell systems where the source does not make it to the battery.  I have talked to Ethan
Brand at Brand electronics and he's coming out with a AC & DC multichannel meter which sounds
like it will be comparable with the pricey (yet sophisticated) Omnimeter, though I was still
hoping for something simpler and cheaper (easier for clients).  Any ideas?

--
Jason Fisher

Aurora Energy
86 Conduit St.