Net Meter / Labor bill. Disconnect [RE-wrenches]

j.lamb at pecorp.com j.lamb at pecorp.com
Mon Apr 17 10:50:51 PDT 2000

> Greetings Wrenches:

In IIlinois, the net metering program is for Commonwealth Edison area only
(only Northern Illinois) and it is on an experimental basis only? They
require 2 meters that Edison will install at their cost. A disconnect is
required at who's cost?
The rest of Illinois does not have net metering and Edison was against it
and the bill died in committee. Edison wants to look green but on their
terms.

The readings from the 2 meters are to be taken and the Electric company will
calculate what you use and then they are to charge you for the taxes even
for the electricity you use from solar?

First of all a customer known to me only uses less than $ 2.00 a month from
them and the rest is solar and since the usage is low it took them 5 months
to send a bill and they calculated it wrong and still owe the customer
$10.00.  So if they cannot calculate a low usage bill right how are they
going to calculate taxes right and how would You get a refund if it was
calculated wrong.

WHAT WE NEED IS A NET LABOR BILL SO IF THEY CALCULATE IT WRONG. THEY SHOULD
PAY FOR YOUR TIME. THEY CHARGE YOU A SERVICE CHARGE DON"T THEY

These Details are insane and it is still not clear how this is to work since
I know no one on this program. Who wants it. I dont since I do not want to
look at 2 meters.

Has this been done anywhere else?

I heard that Oregon proposed it but it was changed?
I know nothing on the isurance issue yet in this area.

	JIM LAMB
	MIDDLE FORK ENGINEERING

Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>

for info contact: <michael.welch at homepower.com>