thanks and another question [RE-wrenches]

Clive Wilkinson powersense at horizon.co.fk
Thu Apr 6 05:44:41 PDT 2000

Re the Ampair 100 regulation question, thanks very much to all who
replied.  I finally contacted the manufacturer direct and apparently
they have realised the problem has to be tackled and are producing a
shunt regulator...

Another question for you guys - this one from the makers of the Proven
turbines I install here -  I quote their description of a job in
progress in the UK,  where the turbine will power a pump:

<This is where we use a high voltage core with output rectified and
fed into a
variable speed drive connected to a standard 3-phase pump.   May have
introduce some big capacitance on input side to smooth input of power
and allow easier matching of wind turbine and pump characteristics
(got
any sources for 600V supercapacitors???)>

I bet some of you can answer this one for him. This is a 6 Kw turbine.
I'll pass on any input so he can contact supplier/s direct.

Many thanks

cheers

Clive

Clive Wilkinson