SolWest Electronic Flyer [RE-wrenches]

Sharkey sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Thu Mar 23 07:46:42 PST 2000

	Hello Wrenches,

	This morning's e-mail brought this from Jennifer Barker, organizer of
SolWest Renewable Energy fair. I thought I'd sent it along for those of you
who might be interested.

Dear friend: Here is the electronic version of the SolWest Renewable Energy
Fair flyer. Hope to see you at the fair!

        ***>>> KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! <<<***

SolWest Renewable Energy Fair
July 29&30, 2000
Grant County Fairgrounds, John Day, Oregon

(Sponsored by EORenew with special thanks to Home Power Magazine)

We invite you to come and share the excitement of an Energy Fair by
traveling to John
Day for the weekend of July 29 and 30, 2000. Here you’ll find:
•An opportunity to see the latest in renewable energy technology
•A chance to talk with the inventors, manufacturers, and installers of
renewable
energy  hardware
•Networking opportunities with new friends and folks in the RE business
•Over thirty classes and workshops on a variety of subjects related to RE
•Good food and entertainment in beautiful surroundings
•and more!

** ADMISSION TO THE FAIR **
                DAILY     WEEKEND
Adults             $5.00     $8.00
Juniors, 13-17  $2.00     $3.00
Seniors, 60+    $2.00     $3.00
Family           $10.00    $17.00
        Children 12 and under get in free!
EORenew members and volunteers get in free!
On-site child care available
Fair Hours:
        Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
        Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

THE EORenew MISSION:
To inform and educate ourselves and the public on Renewable Energy uses,
designs, systems, and building techniques, through meetings, workshops,
educational materials, and Energy Fairs.

        ***>>> KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! <<<***
... and what better way to learn about power than at an energy fair!

Workshops and Classes
Come to SolWest Fair to learn! Our exhibitors and other invited experts
present a variety of workshops and classes on topics related to renewable
energy and energy efficiency.
Workshops planned include:
•Intro to Photovoltaics
•Solar Camping
•Energy Efficient Building Design
•Solar Water Pumping
•Solar Power Systems for RVs
•Issues in Energy
•Passive Solar Design
•Biodiesel
•System Metering
•Batteries
•Solar Cooking
•Electric Vehicles
•Oregon Energy Tax Credits
•Micro Hydro

Exhibits are an integral part of any Energy Fair. Our exhibitors are people
who make, sell, and install renewable energy products and services. They
have products on hand to look at, ask questions about, and purchase. Your
interest is the reason they are here.
Food Booths and Picnic Area will be available on the fairgrounds for meals
and treats.
Demonstrations are given at regular intervals. You will see equipment
operating, and learn by observing how it performs and what it does.

The Electric Vehicle Display Area will host a display of all electric and
alternatively-fueled vehicles brought to the fair. Anyone who brings an EV
to the Fair will get in free for the weekend. Ask us about a possible
electrathon!

        ** Keynote Speakers for SolWest 2000 **
Randy Udall is the director of the Community Office for Resource Efficiency
(CORE), a nonprofit organization established to promote water and energy
efficiency in Aspen, Colorado. Udall has a positive, can-do attitude and a
great message!
John Perlin is author of From Space to Earth, the Story of Solar
Electricity. Home Power magazine says “Perlin does an excellent job of
telling the history of solar electricity by focusing on the people and
their needs, which helped drive its development.”

How to get to John Day, Oregon:

John Day
is a great place
for an energy fair!
It’s a town of 2,000 people with a well-prepared tourist infrastructure and
a welcoming
attitude. The Fairgrounds is on the banks of the scenic John Day River
within a 3-block
walk of the downtown area. Access is easy via wide, uncrowded two-lane US
highways.
Route 395 from Pendleton to Burns through John Day has been called one of
the ten most
beautiful drives in the country.
For accommodations information, call
Grant County Chamber of Commerce
1-800-769-5664

***************
Jennifer Barker
plan now for the next SolWest, July 29-30, 2000!
SolWest/EORenew
PO Box 485
Canyon City, OR 97820
office 541-575-3633