Trace C40 [RE-wrenches]

by way of Michael Welch cvsolar at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 10:28:49 PST 2000

<x-flowed>Hi gang,
    I have a C40 that lost its accumulated amp hour without there having been
a power interruption.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Also I installed a Morningstar ProStar-12 and it has dropped off line several
times for no apparent reason.  Power in the main battery bank (24vdc) did
drop to probably 21 volts at one point and the SW4024 had disconnected at low
battery cutout .. and possibly reconnected and disconnected a few times with
a 1600 watt water heater turned on.  Could the voltage fluctuations caused by
the inverter and loads have something to do with it?

  This customer was one who needed power "right now" as he had completed a
house and was hooking up the water and needed power quick.
Unfortunately I didn't have time for the energy efficiency education up front
so his expectations were way too high.  He even wanted electric baseboard
heat!!!!!!!!!!!!  I gave him the info on what could be run with the system
but he didn't listen.   He bought and installed a wood hot air furnace with a
continuous blower at 400 watts and an electric hot water heater.  The thru
the wall vented propane heater is still not hooked up.  Now this guy is
talking about bringing in the grid. I'll probably have a nice system to sell
to someone else at a good price.  Oh well, win some, lose some.  The worse
part is that he will probably bad mouth RE.

John Blittersdorf
CVSolar
To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to:
<http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>

for info contact: <michael.welch at homepower.com>