Earth Day [RE-wrenches]

Sharkey sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Tue Feb 29 10:38:09 PST 2000

	Hi Wallace;

	Re: SW inverters and the BUZZ:

	Watch out for one thing, SW series inverters do not internally bond the
neutral and ground. This results in "balanced power" (approx 56 volts to
ground on both neut & hot). Theroretically, balanced power should be
quieter in audio applications, BUT, if ANY of the equipment in the band or
sound crew's system has leakage to ground (intentional or otherwise), it
will hum like crazy as the electrons go wild in a mosh.
	To be safe, BOND the neutral and ground inside your service center AND put
in and connect that grounding electrode. Hope it helps (be sure to
disconnect the inverter's bond next time your system gets connected to grid
power!!!)

P.S. I'll be doing the usual for Earth Day, driving my Electric Vehicle
<http://www.mrsharkey.com/ev.htm> and staying smug about it!

	-S
To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to: <http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/