I-Mac trouble [RE-wrenches]

Jack D West jackwest at alaska.net
Wed Nov 3 23:36:09 PST 1999

Thanks for all the info.  this is what I didn't tell you.

This is a customers computer.  I tried a starting load (compact flourescent!) and it didn't
help.  No incandescents on location.  I'll have to try it though.  Start up surge was
measured at 168 watts, about 105 running.  Once it does boot, everything seems fine.

I'll keep you posted on future devolopements

Jack West
Talkeetna AE

Kurt Nelson wrote:

> Hi again, Forgot to mention in my last message, you can shut the light off
> once you got the Mac's power button turned on.  KGN
>
> At 12:39 AM 11/3/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >Having trouble with an I-Mac starting reliably on an AC Genius 200 watt
> >mod sine wave.  Sometimes takes two tries to boot, sometimes won't boot
> >at all.  Sometimes works first try.  Always works on genny.  Is this a
> >sine wave only computer?  Anyone else have trouble with Mac's on mod
> >sine wave??
> >
> >Jack West
> >Talkeetna AE
> >

> >- - - - - - -
> >To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>
> >
> >To view an archive of previous messages go to:
> <http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

> >Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>
> >
> >for info contact: <michael.welch at homepower.com>
> >
> >_____________________________________________________________
> >Got a Favorite Topic to Discuss?  Start a List at Topica.
> >http://www.topica.com/t/4

> To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>
>
> To view an archive of previous messages go to: <http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

> Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>
>
> for info contact: <michael.welch at homepower.com>

> Got a Favorite Topic to Discuss?  Start a List at Topica.
> http://www.topica.com/t/4