I-Mac trouble [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze econnect at snowcrest.net
Wed Nov 3 08:08:47 PST 1999

<x-flowed>Hiya Jack,
Haven't heard of that, but it wouldn't surprise me. It all depends on
the type of power supply they are using. Some switching supply
configurations will not lock on to the mod square wave at all.
apparently your gets it some time. Some of the Apple Quadra and
Performa series would do that as well. I'd get a sine wave. Probably
the Exeltech XP250.
Best, Bob-O

>Having trouble with an I-Mac starting reliably on an AC Genius 200 watt
>mod sine wave.  Sometimes takes two tries to boot, sometimes won't boot
>at all.  Sometimes works first try.  Always works on genny.  Is this a
>sine wave only computer?  Anyone else have trouble with Mac's on mod
>sine wave??
>
>Jack West
>Talkeetna AE

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection