neat trick [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Oct 25 16:49:33 PDT 1999

<x-flowed>>I helped out with a PV workshop installation this weekend. There was
>a utility line-worker at the workshop who showed us a neat trick.
>
>If you have some plastic conduit or carflex with cable or wire in
>it, you can still cut it VERY easily and with a lot more control
>than with blades by getting some thin nylon string, wrapping it part
>way around, and pulling it back and forth across the conduit or
>carflex.
>
>It works great and seemed just as fast as with a hack saw. The
>covering on the contained cables was not even nicked.
>

>Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com

Michael etal,
It is a neat trick, BUT you have to mind two things.
First, the cord has to be strong yet pretty thin. I like standard
"mason's string"
Second, once you start, DON"T STOP! The dang plastic can melt around
the string and it's a bitch to get it out!
Best, Bob-O

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection
PO Box 203, Hornbrook, CA 96044
800.945.7587 fax 530-475-3401